Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No More Gargy (for now)

Hi everyone,

I know that I've been less than assiduous in writing these stories over the summer. The latest pause stems from a rather important development in my life. I've found a job. A great job which will launch the next phase of my career.

...I'm going to Algeria.

I am now working for a small consultancy which offers its economics expertise to the governments of developing countries. I'm off for at least a year.

Luckily, I've found a nice little church which will keep Gargy until my return. He's already taken his spot over the holy place's entrance, impaled on a rather impressive spike, as his ancestors have been over the centuries.

The rope-making business must unfortunately be suspended for the forseeable future. Past clients will be contacted and, if some strange, charitable geek can be found, I'll be turning off my site.

And, of course, for now, these anecdotes will end. Maybe they'll be back some day. Insh'Allah.

No comments: